Norman Shaw Building
The Norman Shaw Building, formerly New Scotland Yard. Now used as officers of Members of Parliament and situated in Victoria Embankment.
The work undertaken by ourselves included:
- Refurbishment and restoration of the windows and doors.
- Supply and fixing of new doors and windows to match existing.
- Overhaul of existing roof timbers, cutting away insitu defective timbers and making splice repairs.
- Adding large dormers to maximise the space in the large pitched roof.
- Joisting, flooring and timber studwork.
- Patching in existing Parquet Flooring.
The existing ironmongery being removed, recorded and tagged, by our site manager, sent off site for overhaul, repair and cleaning and reinstated to the original position.
Matching of existing ornate timber skirtings, dado rails, picture rails and timber cornices.